Here’s the deal: we’re awesome at taking care of our customers and providing exceptional residential and commercial lawn care and landscaping service. But that only happens because we have amazing people like you on our team. If you’re ready to take the next step in your career in the "field" of Turf Care, then we want to talk with you.
At Ground Guys, we’re more than just "the lawn guy." We’re a dedicated team of lawn care and landscaping experts that know how to make a great first impression. From the professional appearance of our crews to the attention to detail we give every job, we stand by our Neighborly Done Right Promise every time.
Here at Grounds Guys, we are looking for someone ready to take a step forward in their career as a Turf Technician. And as the company grows, you will have the opportunity to grow into a higher-level role as well.
Is this right for you?
Here are some things we’re looking for in a Turf Technician. If you identify with any of these statements, we want to speak with you right away, so make sure to apply immediately.
· You are passionate about serving others, including your crew, the customers, and the community.
· You see customer service issues as an opportunity to turn every customer into a raving fan.
· You pride yourself on your communication and are exceptional at getting the work done no matter what it takes.
Your Responsibilities as a Turf Technician
· Front-Line Employee -
- You are quite literally the boots on the ground. You’ll be a front-line employee who provides exceptional care.
- The team looks to you to perform basic tasks related to fertilization and lawn treatments at high levels of quality and service delivery.
- Ownership of chemical selection including forecasting upcoming seasonal conditions.
- You must be able to work outdoors, in all weather conditions, doing very physical work, able to lift/carry 35-80 pounds often.
- You ensure everything is wrapped up and set to go for the next day.
How We Measure Success
· Attendance: Might sound basic, but it’s critical to meet our Customer Service goals. You need to be here as required by your Supervisory team.
· Budget vs Actual Hours: Keeping jobs profitable is dependent on managing the time planned and spent at each job.
· Return Rates: You’ll ensure quality control to make sure it’s rare to ever need to go back to redo a job.
· Customer Retention: Building great relationships with each customer, and ensuring that they receive exceptional service, will keep them coming back.
· Full Utilization of Software & Processes: This helps make all the above possible.
Job Requirements for Turf Technician
Valid Driver's License
Prior experience in turf care. Must have a current Pesticide Applicator License with the State of Alabama.
Apply cutting-edge, organic-based fertilizers to residential lawns using both liquid and granular
Apply weed and pest control treatments when and if needed.
Monitor and assess the conditions of residential lawns and provide recommendations to improve
Maintain equipment efficiency and make minor fixes and
adjustments when and if needed.
Assist team in managing the warehouse and
storage needs of the business.
Ability to use hand tools, small equipment, and heavy machines as need. Backpack
sprayers and mobile spraying equipment (Z-Spray). (Including operation, calibration, and maintenance)
Positive attitude and willingness to work in a team environment.
Ability to change directions at a moment’s notice.
Ability to work in various weather conditions
All prior work experience will be reviewed, evaluated, and considered.
Benefits & Pay
The pay range for this position is $18.00 to $22.00/hr and is dependent on your experience as a lawncare or landscaping professional.
We know we presented a lot to you here and that’s because we’re looking to hire only the best. If that’s you, apply today. If you meet the requirements for the position, our system will schedule you for an interview immediately.