Office Manager (Part Time)
As Office Manager, you are a key team member supporting the work of management and other staff. You are
responsible for clerical, receptionist, bookkeeping, and project-based work to contribute to the day-to-day
operations of The Ground Guys of Carmel. Exemplifying our code of values, you show respect and courtesy to all
customers and employees.
You are adept with technology, organized, detail oriented, can anticipate needs, and complete important tasks
without being asked. You are self-motivated, thrive in fast moving environments, and can manage time to
effectively meet deadlines. You have proven communication skills with supervisors, employees, and customers
and are able to effectively manage a variety of situations on a day-to-day basis.
* Directs and coordinates the administrative services in the office such as:
o Microsoft Office (WORD, Excel, PowerPoint)
o Mail/Post Office
o Answering the phone with "It’s a great day at The Grounds Guys, A Neighborly Company. This
is _____. How may I help you?"
* Performs QBO related tasks including:
o Expense data entry
o Reporting of sales and payroll taxes
* Works closely with the sales & production teams to ensure good flow of communication and data. This
includes a variety of software, websites, documents, and reports to include:
o Microsoft Office
* Performs personnel related duties by:
o Running hiring ads to ensure the company is always recruiting.
o Managing CareerPlug and setting up interviews.
o Insuring payroll hours are turned in to the payroll company in a timely manner or does payroll
in-house, whichever is directed by the owner.
o Creating hire packs (W-4, I-9), etc.
o Assisting with new-hire orientation.
o Ordering uniforms as needed. Keeps a small amount of inventory for new hires and
* Manages social media:
o Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn
o Responds to both positive and negative Google reviews
* Helps with business safety program:
o Ensures safety meeting documentation is put in the safety manual
o Ensures OSHA log is up to date and accurate
o Assists in Workers Compensation Claims
* Maintains office staff as needed by recruiting, selecting, orienting, coaching, and
* Becomes familiar with The Grounds Guys clients and employees
* Keeps office supplies in stock and orders as needed
* Keeps workspace organized
* Takes initiative to drive our Code of Care and abide by our Code of Values